Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Any advice on how to stay out of gossip at work?

I work in a small store with about fifteen people that are employed there. There is constant complaints about everyone else in the store. Even if it doesnt involve me at all people will flock to me and tell me. Anyways, it urges me to want to talk badly about people too and I hate it. Ever been in this situation and do you have any advice? I have tried to just be the silent worker, but then people will start gossiping about me that I am depressed and stuff. Bleh....I should just smack everyone with a brick.Any advice on how to stay out of gossip at work?
Yes I certainly have been in this situation. There will always be a gossiper among those you work with...and there will always be that one person who enjoys listening and contributing to it as well. Oh, and you probably may know about that one person who will be a hipocrite and act as if there your friend and will talk about everyone but then when that persons around ';those'; whom were in there gossip convo of the day... they will be there right hand best friend, and may even end up putting u in wrong. If you tell me its just like being bi polar, scary, %26amp; unprofessional. So heres what I do... I always mind my own business. Never add more wood to the fire, and yes it is true...If you do tend to keep to urself 'cause ur just so fed up with the gossip..Eventually you'll end up being ';thee'; person who will be gossiped about. I go to work to ';work'; not to make friends or win a popularity contest and you should too..just nod your head yes or no if they start gossiping or straight out tell them...';Look Im sure its interesting but Im here to do my job and I don't want to get involved'; There are those who wont like ur straight forward attitude, but at the end of the day...just shows that they are the people who really care about what others think. Since u work with a small group...it tends to be worse. Just stay focused on what u do..Iv'e always been a very busy person and I focus on what is going to better my life, and I rather not deal with people who naturally bicker all the time. Im content with myself and when u do get the urge to gossip...stay focused on your job, do your best give 110%!... at the end...it matters what your doing to make ';yourself'; better.Any advice on how to stay out of gossip at work?
The key to avoiding this type of things is to try and be positive about everyone and all different types of situations. Sometimes it's difficult, but honestly if you try to put a positive spin on the negative all the time people will quit complaining about people, just knowing that you are the type of person that likes to see the best in people will push others away.





Another things is to never initiate the gossip, if you ever do this people will think you're interested in what they have to say about other people.





Stick to your work and avoid the ';water cooler'; talk. Good Luck

No comments:

Post a Comment