Tuesday, November 22, 2011

I recently got a new router for my house, and now my xbox live network adabter dosent work anyone have advice?

It says im ';connected'; with the internet, but when i test my connection it says the network adapter isn't connected it's very frustrating.I recently got a new router for my house, and now my xbox live network adabter dosent work anyone have advice?
You may also have to configure your new router. Check out www.portforward.com this is a great site for configuring games to your router.I recently got a new router for my house, and now my xbox live network adabter dosent work anyone have advice?
You most likely have the wrong encryption key on the Xbox. MS products often report they are ';connected'; because they have an IP address from the router but they don't check to see if the network key is valid. So you are ';connected'; but it does not work.


Also make sure that the adapter on the Xbox supports the encryption standard you are using on the router.
Go into the network settings on the xbox and make sure it's set up for the new wireless router. Also make sure that it's a router that's compatible with Xbox live and the xbox wireless adapter.

No comments:

Post a Comment