Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Does anyone have advice for a person who has a hard time taking pills?

I don't know if it's a phobia or what, but I get all worked up when I have to take pills. Anyone have advice that would make it easier for me?Does anyone have advice for a person who has a hard time taking pills?
I am on daily meds and my pills used to get stuck to my throat. My MD said that I should take my pills with food. So I thoroughly chew some food and then pop the pill and swallow. The hardest part was not swallowing the food before I took the pill.Does anyone have advice for a person who has a hard time taking pills?
try inserting it in a banana.. worked for my brother when he was a kid..
u can buy pill cutters at a medical supply store. that should make it easier.





Good Luck!!
For me, the hard part of taking pills is trying not to taste it. I put the water or whatever I am drinking with them in my mouth first, then tip my head back, drop the pills in and swallow. Then the pills never touch my tongue so I dont gag because I dont taste them!! Hope it helps!!
why do you have troubles taking pills? it is so easy, if you don't like the flavor try pills with enteric cap or put the watter in your mouth before the pill, if you cant swallow it crash your pills and put the powder into some flavored beverage. good luck
put the pills in apple sauce %26amp; they'll go down easy %26amp; quick.
Ask the pharmcist if there is a liquid version, or if the pills can be crushed. If if it's extended release or time release they can't. But there are others you can't crush also.
You should have an esophageal stricture ruled out as well.
THE FIRE TRUCKS ARE COMING UP AROUND THE BEND


YOU LIVE, YOU LEARN





YOU CHOKE, YOU BURRRRRRRRRN





IT FEELS SO GOOD SWIMMING IN YOUR STOMACH
i can pop a handful of vitamins at one time. put all pills in mouth. sip enough water for a comfortable size swallow. relax and let pills just disappear from your mind. (think about something else) when all is good. swallow. once you get it down. theres nothing to it.
crush the pill and mix it with pudding or applesauce. That is what they do in nursing homes.
people in nursing homes get their pills crushed upand put in apple sauce, pudding ect, it helps them take it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment