Tuesday, November 22, 2011

My husband is joining the army and going into Intelligence- any advice?

He is starting out as an E4, as he has his masters degree already. He is going for Intelligence training. We have a young child, and I know you usually do not get the base you request, but any advice for which base to put on our list, just in case? Any other advice would be appreciated!:)My husband is joining the army and going into Intelligence- any advice?
Why he is going enlisted with his master's and not Officer Candidate School is one thing. I'd recommend he look into the OCS route if he's already signed his enlistment contract. Better pay, opportunities and can still be in MI field, or even direct commission route. Needs of the army is usually how they decide what post you'll be headed to, after basic he'll be in AZ for quite a few months for his AIT advanced individual training, then off to his post of choice/need. I'd expect to see him to go to a unit which is already deployed or about to deploy to theater. Once you get a better idea of where you're going to be stationed at, get in contact with the FRG, or family readiness group for your unit/post and you'll find plenty of support for your family. Helps you out too since you're husband will be extremely busy with his training and everything else.My husband is joining the army and going into Intelligence- any advice?
If you could give info as to which MOS he is entering, maybe I could help.


My husband is AF intel (I can't tell you specifics), but his AFSC keeps us in direct contact with the other branchs so I can get answers. As for duty stations, it is totally dependent on his MOS, as not all jobs are utilized on all posts (air force%26gt;bases, army%26gt;posts for future reference).

No comments:

Post a Comment