Tuesday, November 22, 2011

As the price of food escalates will you take the advice of the UK ?

government and start growing food at home, we have a spare


bedroom, should we try potatoes to start with and progress to


more exotic vegetables as we gain experience. ?As the price of food escalates will you take the advice of the UK ?
I have been growing my own veg and soft fruit for 3 years. All organic and much better for you.As the price of food escalates will you take the advice of the UK ?
This sounds just the teensiest weensiest bit like a wind-up... but yeah absolutely go for it!


For the record, flying in and out of Luton several times in the past months and catching the bus into the city, I've noticed what I assume are garden allotments along behind strips of housing, most in absolute tatters. When there are so many people gasping for a bit of garden in the inner city as well as the rising price of food, seems a shame more isn't made of these areas. That said, I wonder how well veggies would do grown in allotments that back onto motorways...
i think its all propogander, and yes, if i had a garden i would grow my own, more satisfying





and potatoes take up alot of space for what they are ..
I already grow most of my own veg, at least I know whats been poured onto it in the way of pesticides and growth hormones!
It's not really realistic most people's gradens are not big enough for a cow.
Whats with the Terrorist avatar...


And when did the Government recommend this?
nothing can beat home grown food, but these days not many houses have a garden anymore, wish i had one

No comments:

Post a Comment