Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Has anyone any advice on filling your own teeth?

I would be interested in your experiences regarding this, I believe that their are instruments and filling compounds on the market.Has anyone any advice on filling your own teeth?
Yes - there are dental filling kits available.





In fact, Six Years ago, I put one into a back tooth when I lost a filling on holiday. It is STILL there and I have never had any problems with it. Being white, it also looks nicer than the metal one the dentist put in!Has anyone any advice on filling your own teeth?
My advice would be not to do it. See a professional dentist.
You can buy a temporary filling product, the ones here is Temparin. However, it is only meant to close it up until you can get to a dentist (about a week).
I was in BOOTS the other day and i saw the filling compound your talking about......................... i think your only supposed to use it as a temporary measure till you can get it done professionally.
i would be scared to use such a compound unless i could clean the tooth before. imagine trapping food particles by the paste.


i suppose as a reallyshot term measure they would be useful.
Buy a good soldering iron and a dental mirror and off you go!
dont do it
that's hilarious!
Yes you can get the white temporary filling stuff that the dentist uses..I tried it but it was far too awkard..it sounds good in theory, but i would say impossible to use it
You can buy temporary material in the store but if you have decay then the filling material is not going to stick very well. You should really have a professional do your filling. If you are worried about the cost then you should look into the dental schools in your area because they will do the work for really cheap. As a dental assistant I really recommend you have the filling taken care of properly. Good Luck with whatever you try.
I would go to the dentist.





It can be very dangerous to perform DIY on the teeth





xx
You can get temporary fillings at a drug store. One good brand is DenTek. Basically u apply the pastelike substance with like a toothpick type thing and it hardens in an hour or so. Still though, its not as good as a real filling so u better get to a dentist.
don't do it.
When I was quite young (I'm now 63) my dad, who was about 55 at the time, told me that in days when dental treatment could be difficult to get and very painful and costly when you could get it, some people used to fill their own teeth using Gutta Percha. This is a black resinous substance that comes from a tropical tree and in those days electrician's insulating tape used to be made out of it. It was like a sort of sticky cloth and that was what they used.





I hated dentists and did everything I could to avoid visiting one so I actually tried it out a few times when I had toothache and it seemed to work-the dentist wasn't too impressed when I was eventually forced to visit him though.
I have used Dentek Temparin. It does not last very long, and will either fall out or melt within a week or two. However, it does say it is temporary and so it does not infringe the trade descriptions act.





Basically, the market is cornered by dentists. You cannot buy your own filling material and so therefore you can only pull your own teeth out completely or use chewing gum.





My advice if you are really desperate, is to go to a university dental college and let some students practice on your teeth for free. It takes a bit longer than getting an experienced dentist to fill your teeth. However, the filling is independently inspected by the trainee's tutor and so you can be sure that it is done properly.





I have almost fainted in a dentist chair before when the drill hit a nerve. This was after three injections of novocaine!
If you EVEN dream of doing that, wake up and get to the doctor's, in the meantime, read, ';Marathon Man';
How bizarre.
okay so say you could ';spackle up'; the hole. What about removing the decay that caused the hole in the first place. Decay is an infection, this infection will be ';boarded up'; if you close this ';hole'; where do you think it will go....most likely into the nerve of your tooth causing greater damage, possibly an abscess or worse into your bloodstream making your body sick......


Quit ';cheaping out'; find the funds and pay to have it repaired correctly
It takes 5 years at medical school to become a dentist for a reason..................
Indy, what was the filling kit called you bought? I have bought temp filling kits and they degrade right away.





The reason a person would want to do a filling themself is, that they are tired of paying 100s or 1000s of dollars to a dentist where they are treated like cattle and most often than not the dentist work itself causes more problems than before. If I had the know-ho, I would do it also





My experience: I went to ';Gentle Dental'; in Las Cruces with a small cavity to have it filled, it was my first cavity ever. The dentist drilled and drilled, then stopped and said that it had all ';opened up'; and I needed a root canal. I was kicked out, in excruciating pain after that, and then they refused to fix my tooth without at $750 payment. I did not have the money to haev a root canal done, it got infected and I am STILL suffering to this day! THANKS ALOT, ';GENTLE'; DENTAL!
I just wonder why ?





Do you think you could do it better than a dentist?





Or are you just trying to do it on the cheap?





I think you would be foolish to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment