Saturday, August 21, 2010

Advice on how to get rid of darkness under my arms?

I am african American and my underarms are dark. It looks like I dont shave but I ashave and there is no hair their. I cant wear tank tops and It is really embarrasing. What can I do to make the color even out to the same color as the rest of my body?Advice on how to get rid of darkness under my arms?
Ashy skin under your arms (or on elbows or knees) is basically dead skin buildup. It's not from shaving. Exfoliation is the key to getting rid of it!





Use a scrub or loofah on your armpits in the shower, then apply a lotion with hydroxy acids at bedtime. Creams with stronger acids (like those made for smoothing your feet) work well, but DON'T use them right after waxing or shaving - it'll sting like heck!





I really like the True Blue Spa cream called ';Heel of Approval,'; which is sold at Bath and Body Works. it has glycolic acid in it. Just rub a little on before bed and wake up to brighter-looking armpits!

No comments:

Post a Comment