Saturday, August 21, 2010

What is the best advice that can be given to a young adult, about to step into the real world?

Got best books to read? Best websites for such advice?


.What is the best advice that can be given to a young adult, about to step into the real world?
The Money Book for the Young, Fabulous %26amp; Broke by Suze Orman. Silly name, but the best money reference for young adults that I've seen.What is the best advice that can be given to a young adult, about to step into the real world?
Start saving now for retirement.


Use condoms.


Stay away from credit cards.


Travel while you're young, it's very hard to do later.





Book: Try the ';7 Habits of Highly Effective People';.


Sites, see below.
Be sure to read ';How to Get Control of Your Time and Your Life';, by Alan Lakein. All other time management books are just footnotes to this book.





http://www.amazon.com/Control-Your-Time-鈥?/a>
Save money.





Set a target for yourself. 30% of all earnings for example. Save it, lock it away in 1 year CDs or later invest it.





You may say, there's no way I can do that, or I have to sacrifice too much! I want to hang out, enjoy life, whatever. I have to afford housing!





You will realize over time that you really could have saved that kind of money had you forced yourself, and you would have been better off.





That, I promise. You don't need to buy that dvd or cd, you don't need to go out every week.





Hard to hear, and no one will take the advice- most people will say I tried.





It's up to you to make it happen.
I have a work at home interet job and I love it. It's free and I put in whatever time I have. I don't want to get a violation, so if ANYONE wants the web page to check it out, contact me.
'If you don't know where you are going, you are never going to get there'. The only worthwhile book on the subject I ever read. Trouble with self help books is you can always distill the whole book down to half a page of good ideas.





Where do you want your life to be in 15 years? 10 years? 5 years? 1 Year? 3 months? Do some thinking and write it down, even if it isn't very specific right now. Then write down what it is going to take to get to these places. Reevaluate every 3 months and feel free to make changes and rate your progress.





But lives are not that neat and tidy. I got involved with a high risk sport and for over 15 years it was my passion. Everything else in my life took a back seat. I think this is the best luck a person can have in life to find a passion and let it derail your life and let yourself be consumed by it. But watch out, sometimes you think something is going to last forever and one day you wake up and find you were fully invested in something that has vanished. I would do it all again, but to wake up with your life just gone is not a good place to be. I spent a year clawing my way back out of depression and two years later I'm just one of those nameless worker drones that I used to feel pity for back when I lived life like a warrior.
Take out a pension plan.


Be authentic and always be true to yourself


Don't gossip


Be kind to yourself





Refer to the 3r's





Respect yourself


Respect others


and take


Responability for your actions





Save a little money every month - it will give you confidence


you will have the power to make decisons not based on need or greed.





Have faith - Ask and you will receive





Give willingly
It depends on where they are going.





I am going through the same thing so typically you should tell them that you'll be there for them no matter what. It can go like this:


Now is the time that for you to push your boundaries. You will be facing challenges unlike anything before but remember that these challenges will only make you stronger. You will not be succesfull all of the time, and you may even experience pain and difficulty but remember that life is a journey and you will live through it. Celebrate your success and more importantly, learn from your failures. Learning from your mistakes is important for success. When you feel alone and like a failure, remember that there are others who are going through the exact same thing that you are.





Allow your values to be challenged by keeping an open mind yet never forget who you are inside. Above all else, remember that you are capable and believe in yourself even if nobody else does because if you don't, it's like being the last to abandon your own ship that is to set sail to a dream.





This is just a suggestion, but to make it more personalized, think back to when you began. Keep it short sweet, and simple so that they will actually remember what you say.
  • whiteheads
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment