Thursday, August 19, 2010

I have a very bad habbit of saying im going to clean my rom but then i dont.Any advice on cleaning a messyroom

so i have a huge and messy room...any good methods i could use to clean my room fast and keep clean?I have a very bad habbit of saying im going to clean my rom but then i dont.Any advice on cleaning a messyroom
Play some music that you really like, and get yourself a bin to be used for charity, and four bins for transporting and storage. You will clean your room in 10 minute bursts. ONLY ten minutes at a time is allowed. The first task is to gather all clothing in bins and put away all shoes. Put the clothing bins in the laundry room. If you have any minutes left out of your first ten, gather all papers, books and magazines second. Then leave the room for a minimum of 20 minutes, no matter how badly you think you can stick to your guns and press on.





When you go back in the room, the next thing to do is identify any items to which you no longer have an attachment. Put these in the charity bin. Books you have outgrown, clothing you no longer wear, shoes that don't fit, outgrown games, puzzles, toys, that silly lava lamp you won in the fifth grade. Pack in in. Take this bin immediately to your car. Take another 20 minute breather.





In the third ren minutes, tackle your bedding. Remove all sheets and pillow cases and take these to the washing machine. You don't have to start the washer, but get the items out of your room. Go back in and put everything else that is on the floor into a bin. Take another 20 minute break. Have some ice cream or watch a little TV, but DON';T go back in there.





On your next ten minutes, take everything that is on the dressers and the bureau off and get it into a bin. Move the floor bin and the desk and bureau bin to the dining room table. Go back to your room and set up the vacuum cleaner. Take another little break, then go back for ten minutes and vacuum everything. Wipe the furniture down, put the vac away and take another break.





Go put your sheets in and start the washing machine. Go and look at the items in your bin on the dining room table while the wash is going. Do you really need these things? Have you used them in the last year? Send a few more to charity or trash, and go back in and put the rest where they belong. Grab a bunch of hangers to take to the laundry room so you can hang your things fresh out of the dryer. When you hang them, take another look -- do you really wear that shirt? Get rid of it if you don't, in a way that will make a difference for someone else. Goodwill is great.





Take a break.





After the break, make the bed with your fresh linens. Say, your room is looking pretty darn good all of a sudden! Go to the dining room bins and make a box of things to return to your room. Put it all away and take a break. Do the same thing again.





All that is left is laundry.





It is hard to maintain focus all the way through a job one does not enjoy. But if you break it down, you can put a lot of energy into each task and complete them very quickly.





Print this out and stick to the timing. You can do this!I have a very bad habbit of saying im going to clean my rom but then i dont.Any advice on cleaning a messyroom
I'm super messy and hate cleaning. I put on headphones. I usually listen to a book, but talk radio or even music will work. It keeps your mind occupied from distractions while your hands are busy. You don't get distracted by the things you are cleaning (like ';here is my yearbook, I'll just take a break to look at it';). I also give myself a time limit, usually an hour, and try to get as much done as I can in that hour. It sort-of feels like a game. Then after an hour, even if the room isn't perfect, your done. Then maybe after a few days of this, it will be perfect.
1. Accept help if someone offers to help you clean it. :) I finally swallowed my pride and allowed my sister to come in and help me clean it.....and this just recently! She first said:





2. ';Let's find the floor.'; With 2 of us examining each and every piece of clothing on the floor (because I had started to clean out my closet, took all the clothes out but due to circumstances never got back to it!), it didn't take too long to fold some clothes and put them away, hang some and put some in the laundry basket.





3. Then, I dusted the furniture and she then vaccuumed the area I dusted, one area at a time. (Thanks, Patti!)





4. To keep it clean, I would advise (and I was told) that if I just deliver my clothes at the end of the day to those 3 spots (drawers, closet, laundry basket), it doesn't take much time and will prevent hours of work later on!





5. The other answer is good too - give away or sell what you can part with. ';Less is more'; and is certainly easier to keep tidy.





Good luck! If I can do it, so can you!! :)
turn on some music.bring in some garbage bags and get rid of the stuff you don't want donate it to goodwill and the stuff you do want hang it back up and put it away neatly and vacuum dust wash your sheets and blankets make a day out of it.then when it is all cleaned just start picking up after yourself it will make your life much easier.
I usually find something to watch on tv then clean on the commercial breaks.
Spend some money. Call some of ur friends to clean it up with you. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment