Monday, August 23, 2010

My daughter is now 5 and a half and is still in diapers at night, any tips or advice for breaking bed wetting?

She has been potty trained since she was 2 years old. But has always needed to use a diaper at night. I have read that it is normal and they usually break of it by age 6. But Just wanted to see if anyone had any advice or tips that they have used or tried.My daughter is now 5 and a half and is still in diapers at night, any tips or advice for breaking bed wetting?
I was told by our new doctor not to worry about it. My 4 yr old son wears diapers at night for bed wetting. I was a bed wetter past the age of 15 and wore diapers to bed. I just took my son to a third doctor just last week and explained that bed wetting runs in the family and he said that himself and most other doctors do not worry about bed wetting until a child gets up to 9 to 10 yrs old (my other two doctors said age 8 to 9). He stated at my son's age (and would apply to your daughter as well since they close in age), that he recommended staying with diapers so the child sleeps through the night to get a full night sleep. Its up to the parents of course to choose to use a diaper whether it be a pull-up diaper or a regular tape tab diaper. Some parents use a mattress cover, some use alarms, but the child is awaken from sleep due to the wet sheets and pajamas or an alarm is going off and the child still wets the bed. His thoughts are children need at least 8 to 9 hours of uninterrupted sleep and diapers are a very good choice for bed wetters. I plan to keep using disposable diapers on him until he can stay dry for a couple weeks straight. Plus I look at it as it's only one diaper a night so its not that expensive so for now its diapers and restful nights sleep .My daughter is now 5 and a half and is still in diapers at night, any tips or advice for breaking bed wetting?
Give her a glass of water before bed and then send her to the toilet, just before you go to bed etc, 11pm wake her up gently to go to the toilet, its not mean and she will thank you in years to come, if she starts crying when you wake her read her a quick story or give her a little glass of water! x
Try not giving her any liquids to drink about an hour or 2 before going to bed.
NO COMMENT
My daugther wet the bed till she was six...the drs say its normal, just cut out drinks in the evening

No comments:

Post a Comment