Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some advice on spotting and blood clots during pregnancy?

I am 7 weeks 3 days and I had an ultrasound on monday and we saw the baby and the heartbeat. I have been spotting off and on since my 5 week. Today is the first day that I noticed some small bloodclots with the spotting. Almost like a period type blood clot. Anyways should I call my dr or is everything ok? Has anyone else ever experienced this?I need some advice on spotting and blood clots during pregnancy?
I have a book that I would recommend that you buy for you to use throughout your pregnancy. I know when you're with OBGYN's they rush you in and out even though you have a lot of questions, and this book is really very good. Here's a little bit of it for you to consider, okay?:


';Bleeding in early pregnancy can be scary, but fortunately, it doesn't usually signal a problem. The two most common causes of first-trimester bleeding - neither of which is an indication of trouble - are:


Normal implantation of the pregnancy in the uterine wall . . . which usually occures two to five days after conception. . .and Hormonal changes at the time menstruation would ordinarily have occured. Bleeding is usually light, though occasionally can seem like an actual period. . .as a precuation, however, any bleeding should always be reported to your doctor so it can be evaluated. Be precise in describing the bleeding: Is it intermittent or persistent? When did it start? Is the color bright or dark red, brownish or pink? Is it heavy enough to soak a sanitary pad in an hour, just occasional spotting, or somewhere in between? Is there any unusual odor? Do any tissue fragments seem to have been passed with the blood? Be sure to report, too any accompanying symptoms, such as excessive nausea and vomiting, cramps or pain of any kind, fever, weakness, and so on. Slight spotting or staining that is not accompanied by other symptoms is not considered an emergency situation;. . .It could be a subchorionic bleed, a common occurrence in which a small blood clot forms at the edge of the placenta. Such bleeding usually stops on its own and is not usually cause for concern';





But anyways the book goes on to say that it's important for you doctor to know about the bleeding because it could be indicative of a miscarriage, ectopic pregnancy or molar pregnancy.I need some advice on spotting and blood clots during pregnancy?
Well spotting is normal during pregancy. My older sister spotted 6 times during her whole pregancy. I wouldn't worry about it that much. But your really conisderd then I would go to the doctors and tell him/her your story and ask him will be everything be okay. Just to get it off your chest. (: GOOD LUCK!
go to your doctor. it usually happens to women when they are pregnant but it can be serious
Spotting I know for a fact it ok but the blood clots...i dunno you should get that chcked out
call your dr and ask that is the best advice that you are gonna get.
sorry to be the one but it sounds like your miscarrying get yourself to a hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment