Monday, August 23, 2010

My fellow yahoo friends I am having surgery tomorrow and I am very nervous, any words of advice to calm down?

I am having my deviated septum and a reduction of my turbinates to aid my breathing...I have postponed these surgeries until I can no longer breath as well.....I have been afraid of these, now it is tomorrow and I am soooooo nervous!!!!! Help!My fellow yahoo friends I am having surgery tomorrow and I am very nervous, any words of advice to calm down?
Don't worry, you'll be fine and it will make everything better :). Just relax and all will be fine and go well. :) I wish you all the luck and well being!My fellow yahoo friends I am having surgery tomorrow and I am very nervous, any words of advice to calm down?
no worries m8





i've had the flesh people tear into me stomach(had bad stuff there) the people who do the cuttin are very proffesional and you will be kicking(well, after 3 weeks you will) yourself for not doing this sooner. When you first go in, just be honest with your nurse, tell them that your REALLY nervous, she will give you some medication that will take the edge off(usually valium of some form)





seriously, i was cut open just right below my chest all the way to my belly button, i couldn't move for like 2 weeks but after 6 weeks i was right as rain. now only thing on my stomach(besides the mountain of body hair, Wooly FTW) are the knife wounds and this big honking scar.
calm down!!


in my opinion;


the surgury is gonna bee sooo WORTH IT! your gona enter with diffuculty in breathing and leave with perfect breathing ;D


dont be afraid of the green masks, they will probably save uu ! and hay, look at the bright side; you wont feel a thing!!





although its normal to freak about, but once you leave the operation room you will think ' why was a freaking out?'





i know this cuz my sister had a surgury before. she was freaking out, but after the surgery she felt fine and happy and she didnt regret having it. she wished if she had had it at an earlier time in her life.





gd luck and tc and be calm


xoxoxo
I just took my sis in law last wed...the actually surgery took all of 15 min! She was fine after, tired that was all. No pain no nothing. :-) It will be fine and let me tell you she felt 100% better in 24 hours, meaning she wasn't so nasal etc. The dr talked to me and told me 30-45 min recovery in the post op room then 30 min recovery in the nurse station area...drinking ginger ale and eating jello. By friday she did have a small ongoing headache, but that was it. You will be fine!!! This is such a minor surgery! I know anytime anesthesia is involved people get nervous. Just keep positive and ask as many questions as you want! Don't post-phone though, you are only causing yourself stress. Best of luck!!
just get some, alot of rest everything will go great. and it will help you out in the long run, you need this. it will help you. good luck! =]

No comments:

Post a Comment