Saturday, August 21, 2010

I need advice on how my stitches look while knitting cables. Can you help me?

I'm knitting in the round on bamboo circulars (size 8 US) and the pattern is K6, P4 for 220 stitches, and when I switch to Purl from my K6, my stitches are really large (down along the left sides of my cables) when I get to that part, I try to only knit with the tips of my needles so the loops will be smaller but it doesn't seem to work. Can someone give me advice? thanks!I need advice on how my stitches look while knitting cables. Can you help me?
I think I answered this for you already but if you really are interested contact me. Knitting on the points of the needles does not make the loop smaller. Tightening the yarn does not either.I need advice on how my stitches look while knitting cables. Can you help me?
when you start to purl, purl 2 stitches then insert the tip of the needle of the first purl and give the stitches a tug. this will give you extra yarn from the loose stitches which will make the stitches tighter.
Kimmy,


You need to work all stitches around the barrel of the needle, but when going from knits to purls in any form of knitting you often need to snug that first purl stitch up a bit so it isn't loose. Of course, it's also practice and experience that helps here.

No comments:

Post a Comment