Monday, August 23, 2010

I need some advice when it comes to buying an engagement ring?

Hey everyone!


So I've been with my girlfriend for almost 5 years, just last month I decided I want to propose to her so I've been looking for rings and I never knew there were so many different things out there. Im hoping to get some different opinions when it comes to looking for rings. Thanks!I need some advice when it comes to buying an engagement ring?
The Engagement Ring Guide here is very helpful, including proposal stories/ideas. Great rings and prices.I need some advice when it comes to buying an engagement ring?
There are so many different opinions on what makes a good engagement ring that I think you should ask your girlfriend instead. If you don't want to flat-out ask her ';Hey what type of ring do you like?'; You can go to the mall one day under the pretense of clothes shopping or something and just casually stop at one of the mall jewelery stores... Make a comment like ';Wow, I didn't know there were so many different types of rings!'; and then maybe point out a couple you think look good and see what she says. That way you'll be less likely to buy her something she doesn't like!





Good luck!
What is her skin tone? I, for one, would have looked awful in white gold, so my fiance got me a gold ring instead. Get something that suits her personality and her figure. If she's a tiny, sporty girl, don't get her something with a 1 ct stone and lots of diamonds on the band. Likewise, if she's into 1950's glamour, don't get her a simple band with a small sapphire.





Does she wear jewellery? If she does then you have it easy - not only can you look at what she wears, but the trick of getting her friend to pick out rings with her won't be a dead giveaway. If she doesn't then make your best guess, as no matter what you pick it will be very different.



The best thing you could do is ask her what kind of cut she likes; princess, round, etc. If you want to surprise her then I recommend just finding a beautiful solitaire that you could see her wearing. Take a look at all her rings and see if there is a pattern, are they small and simple, big and bold or fun and unique? Base the ring off what her tastes are and you can't go wrong. Trust me, she will LOVE whatever you get becuase it isn't the ring she will be so excited about- it will be you!





Congrats and good luck!
you need to google the 4 c's and learn about good quality diamonds. the metal setting is secondary because for your anniversary down the road, the stones can be re-set with additional stones. so it's oK to start with something small now and add to it. don't waste a down payment on a house buying an engagement ring
Hi, I'm so happy for you!





Honestly, I think this is how most girls want it to happen:





Talk to her best friend. Have her best friend casually take her to a jewler while they are shopping and have her pick out her favorite ring. Most girls want something a little unique, so don't get something that is just a band and a diamond. Anyway, take her best friend's advice and go get her dream ring!!!!!!





GOOD LUCK!!! You'll do awesome.
ASK HER, ASK HER, ASK HER! If you've been together for that long, surely you have an honest relationship. She's the one who will wear this for the rest of her life, it should be something she finds attractive.





Next time you are at the mall, stop in a store to get an idea about what settings she likes. DH surprised me with ring shopping one Saturday. It was a fantastic trip. We didn't leave with a ring %26amp; his proposal %26amp; the ring he did choose were great %26amp; exactly my taste.
While out Christmas shopping have her window shop with you. She doesn't have to know. There a bunch of ring places in Malls. Just stop in and look and see what catches her eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment