Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can you give me advice on pursuing a career in law enforcement?

I am 24 and have about a year of college under my belt. I have no criminal record, do not use drugs, so forth.





What would be the best way to become a cop? I understand there is an exam you must take. Should I just study my behind off for that, apply to a department and then take the test?Can you give me advice on pursuing a career in law enforcement?
Well that all depends on which force (coutnry) you intend to apply for as they all have different entry requirments/exams etc.Can you give me advice on pursuing a career in law enforcement?
You're on the right track. A criminal justice degree can help but it's not required. The thing that looks great on a resume for LE is languages. If you're bi-lingual or better you have a big edge on the competition





Find out when the entrance exams are for agencies in your area and start testing. Remember: wear a suit to everything.
I wouldn't bother with studying to much. Most entry level examinations are fairly basic. They measure your ability to read, write and remember facts and/or evidence. I would just apply and take the test. If you fail, at least you'll have an idea of what to expect but if you've been going to school you should be fine.
1. you have to be physically fit for the job


2. you must be prepared for ant eventualities that may happen in line of duty


3. you have to be fierce in your decisions

No comments:

Post a Comment