Saturday, July 31, 2010

Any advice for someone getting their wisdom teeth out?

I'm getting my wisdom teeth out in a few days. I'm not really scared of the procedure, just the after-effects and pain. My bottom two wisdom teeth are going to be cut apart, then removed, and the top two don't have to be. They are all still under the gum and haven't grown roots. So, any tips/knowledge for me to get through this? Like things that relieve pain?





PS, is 13 a young age to get them removed? And is getting them out when they are like mine more or less painful than a typical removal?Any advice for someone getting their wisdom teeth out?
I just went through that two weeks ago. The surgery itself i do not know how it was because i was sleeping, i highly recommend you to do the same. I did the four at the same time so I guess two is not going to be so bad, if you stomach problem do not take the pills the will give for the pain because they are too strong but if you do not have any problems you can take it. When the anesthesia is going you are going to feel pain, do not suck or spit, after the second day rinse your mouth with salt and water, it helps to prevent infection, do not put your head down. they will send you to take antibiotics, very important you take it. do not use a strow , drink directly from the cup, tell your mom to make food and them to blend it for a few days, hope this helpAny advice for someone getting their wisdom teeth out?
Best advice: take the pain meds and sleep! I have a high tolerance for pain and skipped the strong meds and just did ibuprofen...not a good idea. OH and you'll probably feel fine the day of and maybe the day after...the real pain usually hits 1-2 days after the surgery!
I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth out at once. Two of them had to be cut apart. The doctor will probably give you a prescription pain killer to help with the pain. I found that holding an ice pack over my mouth helped quite a bit as well. Also cold drinks like slushies felt good for me.


Good luck!
remain calm

No comments:

Post a Comment