Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need advice on getting insurance for flea market?

I was told by my planning and development office that I need to have a million dollar insurance policy that lists our county as an additional insured. I just checked with our insurance company and they told me that each person who is a vendor at our flea market would have to have their own insurance policy and have us as an additional insured.





I've sold at flea markets and no one has ever asked me for a policy like this. Can anyone help me understand what I might do?





Thanks for any ideas and advice,





StephanieNeed advice on getting insurance for flea market?
That's a general liability policy.





You're going to have to either go to a local agent, see if they can get a master policy, and require each of your ';sub lessees'; to get their own policies, or find a different location where you don't need to carry insurance.





Insurance for flea markets is NOT CHEAP. Mostly due to the ';product liability'; issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment