Thursday, July 29, 2010

Does anyone have knowledge or advice to give to a recovering anorexic?

I am going to a psychologist, and I am in my late teens. They help me alot by telling me to eat. I excercise way to much, I am on the crew team. I use to think i was fat but now I try not to have those negative thoughts in my mind. I am disturbed by myself.Does anyone have knowledge or advice to give to a recovering anorexic?
I don't know that eating 4,000 calories is a good idea, especially for a recovering anorexic. Usually the normal intake for calories is supposed to be 2,000. You definitely don't want to exercise too much with eating that amount of calories, but I don't think eating 4,000 calories is a good idea for a recovering anorexic, that's like telling them to eat a whole chocolate cake with frosting in one setting, or just eating fat itself. I am a recovering anorexic myself, and to have someone tell me I need to eat 4,000 calories would just freak me out. The key is to stick with the therapy, that helps A LOT, and you need the support. Take the eating slow, don't force too much at one time. Recovery takes time, trying to make it go away in a day will only make it worse. So the key is to take steps, don't take too many steps at one time, only take what you KNOW you can handle.





It is not an easy road, I know this, but you have definitely taken the biggest step of them all..admitting you have a problem and confronting it trying to get help! For that, more power to ya!!





So in all this, what I'm trying to say is this. Cut back on the exercising, don't over due it, eat..not too little but not too much at one time. Eating too much at one time could cause you to revert to not wanting to eat again. Your mind needs time to heal as well as your body, and they can do so hand in hand.





Keep up the good work...you are doing so great already! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment