Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need advice with my pumpkin pie?

I am currently baking a pumpkin pie and just noticed my premade pie crust was supposed to go into the oven frozen ~ according to the directions on the package.I put it in thawed from the fridge. Will it burn ?Need advice with my pumpkin pie?
Keep an eye on it and take it out 1 minute earlier if it looks brown. if not, just go with it as the recipe says.Need advice with my pumpkin pie?
yes it will burn because if you put it in the fridge it is all ready warm you do not put it in the oven.
If it isn't prebaked then it shouldn't burn. Could the direction have been to cook the crust without filling in it? I think it will be fine. I would think that if it was frozen then it may water down your filling when it thaws.





Happy Thanksgiving!
buy one at Costco. They're delicious and they're under $6 dollars!!!
You may want to put tin foil around the edges. The edges of the crust tend to cook fastest and the tin foil will help keep it from burning.

No comments:

Post a Comment