Thursday, July 29, 2010

I am graduating college and want to move 3,000 miles away. Any Advice?

I am about to graduate college in Nevada. Therefore, this summer I am planning on moving to Boston, MA. I do not know anyone there but I am in love with the city and I need to get out of the west. I have started saving but I do not know what else to do. Has anyone ever done this or have any advice?I am graduating college and want to move 3,000 miles away. Any Advice?
I moved from england to boston back and now i want to move back. Boston is my favourite place and trust me your making a great choice. My only advice is you have to make sure you want to make such a big move right out of college. There are tons of restaurants in central boston where you can start out working depending if you know what career you want to go into. Depending if you have a budget I wouldnt even look into any apartments right in the city as they are at least half a mil. Dont move to any rough parts in boston like dorchester and revere. Good places to look at are the south end, south boston. The north end has a lot of italian people and alot of work. Good luck!I am graduating college and want to move 3,000 miles away. Any Advice?
Lots of people do it -- if you love Boston (Why?? Just from visiting??) just do it. And save lots -- it is an expensive city. You must also realize that there are few greater cultural differences than between Boston and most of New England and the Silver State.
You will love Boston, it's such a cosmopolitan city full of so many different cultures which makes it very unique. I made the mistake and moved from Boston to Orlando, Fl - to this day I regret it. Although it is expensive living there, but the salaries are great, the people are great, and besides missing it so much - you want to live in a place that has public transportation 24/7 - you get used to being and living comfortable that you get very spoiled. You have everything on your fingertips when you live in a city that has everything that you can think of and more. Find a job first (many places have online applications), look for an apartment %26amp; enjoy. Happy Moving!!

No comments:

Post a Comment