Saturday, July 31, 2010

What advice do you have for sticking to a regime?

For exersise? I always skip! I need some advice that will somehow keep me motivated.





Thanks!What advice do you have for sticking to a regime?
Well, I do two things. First, I find someone I would absolutely LOVE to look like and I put their photo on my desktop, my refrigerator etc. (yeah, husband loves that too ). That is my inspiration. Then the rest is sheer forcing myself. I have found that listening to music is essential for exercise and it makes me enjoy it a lot so I got an MP3 player so I don't have to listen to commercials and can keep only upbeat, fast paced tunes on there. When I get home I often treat myself (not to food) but to something that I haven't let myself do in a while... and a shower. In my opinion a cool shower after an intense workout is now reward in itself.What advice do you have for sticking to a regime?
I know this sounds weird, but writing. If you write your goals down, why you want to do this and read them everyday (even outloud - Go ahead!), that should be motivation.





Other ways to motivate?


1. Bring a buddy or friend with you. Get a support system from your family and close ones.


2. ';Force'; exercise. Stairs instead of the elevator, park farther away from stores. Even these little things are going to be exercise. Choose activities that doesn't seem like exercise - You can burn 300+ calories (150 lb. person) just by cleaning your house!


3. Stay positive and in the fight. Instead of ';I can't or won't';, say ';Look how far I've come'; and other sunny thoughts. Take a break every now and then. Just because you worked three hours in a gym doesn't mean you should do it everyday. Reward yourself, in a way.

No comments:

Post a Comment