Saturday, July 31, 2010

Need advice on getting insurance for flea market?

I was told by my planning and development office that I need to have a million dollar insurance policy that lists our county as an additional insured. I just checked with our insurance company and they told me that each person who is a vendor at our flea market would have to have their own insurance policy and have us as an additional insured.





I've sold at flea markets and no one has ever asked me for a policy like this. Can anyone help me understand what I might do?





Thanks for any ideas and advice,





StephanieNeed advice on getting insurance for flea market?
Asking your vendors to show proof of insurance with you listed as additional insured will help you in the long run if someone is hurt at your flee market. Each vendor will be responsible for their own booth and in the event that someone is hurt in a booth their insurance will pay first even if you are named in the lawsuit. It is unlikely that you would have to have others name you as additional insured but it is well advised, and you may have to pay more if you do not. What you need to consider is how many of your vendors have insurance already if very few have insurance you're likely to drive away vendors because it will probably cost them several hundred dollars to purchase a policy. You might consider a 2 tired booth rental price one for those that have insurance and one for those that do not.

No comments:

Post a Comment