Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can anyone give me advice on upgrading my 2000 Hyundai Tiburon?

I have a 2000 Hyundai Tiburon, 2.0L automatic. What can I do to increase horsepower and improve performance?





I want to keep it automatic (Don't flame me, just my choice).





I don't want to go turbo, want to keep it NA.





I have already installed a performance computer chip, and a cold air intake.





I have a set of OBX headers and a performance exhaust I am going to have installed.





I plan on getting Front and Rear strut bars and sway bars. Lastly I am thinking of getting my cylinder heads ported and polished.





I'm not trying to race it, just want to increase performance a little bit without breaking the bank account. Anything else beyond this I should do?Can anyone give me advice on upgrading my 2000 Hyundai Tiburon?
Well, considering the time, money and effort in converting an automatic to manual, you'd be better off buying a new manual car than trying to swap them. Keeping it NA is also wise, as the automatics in Tibs aren't the strongest pieces of equipment.





Intake and exhaust are the easiest engine upgrades you can do, and even that won't do much on that car. Beyond that, I'd go nuts on the suspension and interior.Can anyone give me advice on upgrading my 2000 Hyundai Tiburon?
Stop wasting your time and money.
it is very expensive to make a 2.0L NA motor more powerful. Honestly I would reconsider continuing to spend money on that motor. you will end up spending a lot and not getting much power in return





If you add up the cost of all those modifications you are talking about I bet you would be able to purchase a faster car on the used market
buy a new one..

No comments:

Post a Comment