Saturday, July 31, 2010

Whats classes should I take if I intend to home school my son? I need simple preliminary advice?

My son is two. How can I prepare and/or educate myself to home school my child?Whats classes should I take if I intend to home school my son? I need simple preliminary advice?
Hi If you chose to homeschool you do not nessarly need to take a class why dont you concider already made homeschool curriculums i use one called k12 go to k12.com and check it out its really simple really and every thing you need is online there are others like Oakmeadow and connection most of these types of program offers you ever single thing you need to homeschool your child walk you step by step its all mapped out for you all you do is follow the lesson plans its really simply and easy trust me if you would also like you can join my homeschooling reasource list or there are many more out there as well just let me knowWhats classes should I take if I intend to home school my son? I need simple preliminary advice?
Your so very welcome and again if you have any questions please let me know take care

Report Abuse



What state are you from? You can find a on line school through your state. They are public schools but you do it on line.Some are 100% free. They are K-12 grade. They have everything that a public school has but sports. They are cam schools so you can see the teacher and hear her and vise verse. They give your child all of the assignments on line and she does them with your help you don't need a degree in anything because you aren't the actual teacher you just make sure she does her work. And if you every need to contact your teachers after school hours you can call them with home work help until 7 pm. They supply the computer the books the fees and even pay the Internet bill. They even have gym class which requires a YMCA pass. They have graduation ceremonies and even prom. They have principals councilors.They meet at the library to do all the test so no cheating and they have field trips once a month which all the students attend depending how far away the place is..I found my sons school through his pediatrician and the schools also recommended this school. So before you pick a school make sure if has everything that your child needs and deserves. Home schooling isnt all about books..OH yeah my son even has to do projects they are writen and oral and he even has to make a project that has to do with what hes learning and take pictures and mail them to his teachers. My son is now in the 8th grade this is his first full year in home school and he has 7 teachers encluding a home room teacher..they even need the same credits to graduate high school..This is the best thing that i could of done for my son he is learning so much more in his home schooling then he ever did in the public school..
Zebra's right. Also, congratulations. He will get so much more out of homeschooling if you do it right. Just don't get too carried away, you sound like you might be a little over-controlling. And use the resources of your local community and other home schoolers. Good luck!
just teach him basics.





colors


shapes


alphabet


numbers





not too much though he's only two!
well first of all I think that you should let your child go to a public school, unless your scared for him to go out in the world and actually live a life of his own.Thank you for asking me this question.
No classes. Just read, read, read, read, read. Your library will have tons of things. Hook up with a homeschooling support group, or more than one, in your area. Find groups online. Ask every question you can think of. Meet other homeschoolers and see what sort of resources they use. Learn about the regulations where you live, even if they could end up changing by the time he's school age. If you hear of a homeschool convention you could go to, take advantage of it.
You do not need a special degree to teach your son.


You can read child psychology books or book on educational styles or learning styles to help yourself be a better parent/teacher.





Your son is still young and should not yet be ';schooled';, the learning should occur when he asks a question, shows an interest or needs guidance. Have materials that will help him develop all his faculties, including toy instruments, art materials, a garden and/or a pet, clay, chalk, blocks,etc...


Then help him be active and balanced, take him to swim classes, or to the park so he can practice climbing and balancing. And expose him to new environments and people, take him to the zoo, to the art gallery, to an outdoor concert, to a play group...Think of his whole person, not just academics.
Take math up to Calculus(hard)


Learn to write well


Grammar and Spelling


English Literature(From Beowulf to mid 1900 American literature)


Physical Science(Geology, Chemistry, Physics)


Geography


If he has an affinity for math, concentrate on the higher maths but you will have to hire a tutor unless you are really smart.


If he has an affinity for English and writing, concentrate on the great literary works starting with Beowulf or The Epic of Gilgamesh.
You need to hook up with your local homeschooler association.
There are fabulous books out there about homeschooling and many organizations that can help you. Almost everything I needed I was able to get for free or very inexpensively -- the library is a WONDERFUL resource. In fact, if you can get to your local library, the librarians can help you not only find books on home schooling, but appropriate age-level information as well as help you locate other types of resources. Also, there are places to get entire curricula if you need it.





Your son is only two... so I hope you're not planning on any formal ';schooling';... just do with him what any good parent would do at his age. Read books, color, go exploring, etc...
Take some early childhood education classes at a local Junior College.

No comments:

Post a Comment