Sunday, July 25, 2010

Can someone give me advice on buying a motorcycle?

I've never owned a bike and I want to buy a Suzuki Katana 750 GSXf (ideally or something similar). What should I look for in a used bike? What are some common problems with these bikes? How many miles should the bike, ideally, have? And what's the oldest year I should consider? What other questions should I ask about the bike?


Also...how much should I expect to pay in order to maintain the bike every month/6 months/year?Can someone give me advice on buying a motorcycle?
take someone with you when you look at bike..that knows alot about bikes...are you female..?? first bike a 750..that's a weighty bike for a first one..??there are many things to look for...oil leaks...loose or holey exhaust....worn tread on tyres..make sure all electrics work..and nothing faulty


check suspension...check front fork seals (no oil leak)


seat not torn...any dents in fuel tank....has the bike been dropped..??? there are so many things


consider buying something after 1992+


keeping it on the road will cost you fuel...small amount of oil..and rego and insurance not too much compared to a car

No comments:

Post a Comment