Saturday, July 31, 2010

I want to get a street legal motorcycle but I am a beginner so I need advice?

I want a starter cycle to practice on before I buy a new one. If I drop it then I won't be too bummed about it. I want to spend about $2,000-$3,000 and I have looked in the Cycle Trader and in the newspaper, but I am unsure where to look.





I don't have my license, but I am going to be taking a motorcycle course at the local college so I am ready for a starter bike.





Any advice?





Thanks!I want to get a street legal motorcycle but I am a beginner so I need advice?
A cheap small ride such as a used 250 rebel or maybe even a small SunL. I have helped many females learn to ride and pick out their first bikes. All have started on either the 250 rebels or the 250 excitor. With the exception of one who decided to purches a 50 cc SunL. It is now one year later and she told me the other day she was sorry for not listening becuase the SunL was now way to small. Most of these women have gone up to bigger bikes after about two years of riding, some have even gone as high as getting Harley low riders although most have gotten Harley 883 sporsters. One is still riding a rebel becuase she likes the way it handles and feels (she actually bought a new one last year).





My advice would be to buy a cheap used 250 and plan on keeping it for about two years. This will give you the time to learn to ride safely and also give you a chance to learn alittle simple repair on it with out fear. To find one check you local thrifty nickle and also go to area bike shops and talk to the salesman there. They often know where there are bikes like that if they don't have any on hand.I want to get a street legal motorcycle but I am a beginner so I need advice?
my answer is the same as it has been for the last 15 years





susuki GS500





excellent for part, very very reliable, good handling, no fairing, stops well, corners well, cheap tires, cheap insurance.





most importantly HEAPS OF FUN
try a Vento dealership the vento is a small harley looking bike with a little 150cc motor and if you find one with hwy bars and the bike tips you will still be protected the top speed is only @80 new ones retail for $2300 so im sure they will have some used ones there for cheap and can still reliable check the link after you get used to that you are reacdy for the big boys and run to your nerest HOG dealership.....I'll see you in the wind!!!
It's better to start with a light motocycle first, such as 'Kawasaki BN125' or 'Honda CG125' (it's a little bit heavier). Both are old brands but still work well specially for beginners who may take several accidents and falls before getting expert. I did learn cycle riding on a Kawasaki 100 G 7 T which was excellent during 70' but I don't know whether you can find it still??!


One more thing: Don't drive fast during rain or on wet or slippy streets; these cycles are narrow-wheel types and have low stability in such conditions. Instead, after getting expert riding them, you might be sure ride almost every two-wheel thing!
Start of on a used dirt bike, I say used, because you will spend less. The gears are the same. A crotch rocket is much powerfull than a dirt bike but you will learn without hurting yourself. Once you get the shifting of gears it's all downhill from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment